Entries in Improv (39)
Drivethru Baby (top row: Ron Palais, David Levin, Andrew Blumhagen; bottom row: Dan Abrams,
Binu Paulose and Don Romaniello - Don Fanelli and Alex Marino not pictured) | Photo: Annie Lesser
- THE PLUG: Don't miss Drivethru Baby, performing FRIDAYS in DECEMBER @ 11:30PM at the Magnet Theater | $5
Anyone who knows anything about improv in the Big Stinky knows of UCBT chieftain Curtis Gwinn (Death by Roo Roo, Monkeydick, Nights of Our Lives -- to name but a very few). Gwinn recently announced plans to move out west, but before he boards a jet plane, he's offering his expert instruction on the sweet science of improv one last time.
On Dec. 15 & 16, eligible students may register for his advanced longform workshops to be held at Atlantic Theater Company:
- Keeping it Real in a Surreal World
- Game as Character Behavior
I've seen Gwinn perform numerous times, and I can say with impunity that he is one of the most talented and consistently funny improvisers to walk into a scene. While we wish him the best in Los Angeles, his departure will leave yet another impossible-to-fill gap in the New York City improv scene. His is truly the type of improv to get excited about.
--For all workshop details, click here and be sure to e-mail him directly to reserve a spot. But make haste! On Wednesday, he offered four workshops, which sold out in three hours. And don't miss Death by Roo Roo every Saturday @ 9PM at The UCBT-NY.
Nobody's Token is Keisha Zollar, Keith Cornell, Tanisha Long and Rob King | Photo: Jay Franklin
- THE PLUG: Don't miss Nobody's Token in "The Soul Glo Project," an improvised situation comedy happening TONIGHT @ 10:30PM at Under St. Marks (95 St. Marks Place, bw 1st and 2nd Ave) | $3 (with RSVP)
- Nobody's Token will also perform at The PIT on TUES, DEC 15 @ 7PM (with Ali Wong)
Old Schoolers Krompf (Joe Wengert, Ryan Karels, Amey Goerlich and Neil Casey) will team up for some masterful make-em-ups TONIGHT @ 10:30PM at Under St. Mark's. This team, known for putting up the best breakfast spread at the Del Close Marathon, has been tagging-out and sweep-editing since 2001, back when you were sweating your ACT scores. Eight years later, this quad-squad is still at it, still pallin' around, still getting together to do some scenes. So for that, they are most definitely ... improv to get excited about.
- THE PLUG: Don't miss "Code Duello: Hamilton & Burr," performing their signature 2-person improv TONIGHT @ 8PM at The UCBT-NY | $10